Kforce Global Solutions, Inc.
Kforce Global Solutions, Inc. is looking for Medical Coders with solid experience in ICD-9. We are seeking resourceful candidates with commendable work ethics and solid experience. Candidates must be self-starters with the desire to work in a dynamic team.
Medical Coder (ICD-9)
(Philippines - Makati City)
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree, any field.
- At least 3 year(s) of ICD-9 coding experience, ICD-10 training is a definite asset
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Healthcare - Nurse/Medical Support & Assistant or equivalent
- 20 Full-Time positions available
- Responsible for abstracting, coding, and sequencing the classification of medical and surgical procedures, diagnosis, and treatment modalities on Inpatient and Day Surgeries
- Selects the most accurate and descriptive codes from the listings of International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification, (ICD-9-CM American Medical Association Current Procedural Terminology (CPT-4) Coding system, and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS).
- Assigns correct diagnostic related grouping (DRG) and performs coding compliance reviews. Abstracts and codes pertinent medical data into multiple software programs. Follows official coding guidelines to review and analyze health records.
- Maintains compliance with both external regulatory and accreditation requirements, and with State and Federal regulations. Extracts pertinent data from the patient’s health record, and determines appropriate coding for reports and billing documents. Identifies codes for Reporting medical services, procedures performed by physicians
- Enters codes into computer system. Provides feedback and education to physician and professional staff regarding changes in coding methodology and enhanced documentation procedures for optimizing reimbursement
- Utilizes the coding query process to providers to request missing information. Corrects records with inconsistent information and/or containing discrepancies
- Performs routine audits independently and participates in performance improvement
- Participates in coding compliance plans, research and analysis, benchmarking, financial and strategic planning, and other customer requested project. Reviews and discusses informational requirements with individuals to determine the most expeditious method for data acquisition and availability of data.
Interested and qualified candidates may send their resume online or visit our Kforce Global Career Site: