Macquarie Offshore Services Pty. Ltd.
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Macquarie’s main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Macquarie acts on behalf of institutional, corporate, and retail clients and counterparties around the world.
As an owner and manager of significant community assets, Macquarie works closely with governments around the world to deliver important services including transport, roads, airports and utilities. Specialist funds, which manage these assets, contribute approximately 11 per cent of Macquarie’s total operating income.
Macquarie’s approach to risk management is long-standing. Strong risk management practices are embedded in business unit management with central oversight of credit, market, funding, compliance and operational risk. These, together with committed, quality staff are key drivers of Macquarie’s success.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 60 office locations in 27 countries. Assets under management have a total more than $A235 billion. Macquarie has been active in Asia for more than a decade, establishing our first office in Hong Kong in 1994. Today, we have people in 16 cities in 11 markets across the region.
Macquarie’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is responsible for the management of Macquarie’s global technology infrastructure, the support and development of existing business systems, and the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services. Each of Macquarie’s business Groups have a dedicated IT team partnering with them to understand the Group’s specific technology needs and to provide innovative and effective IT solutions.
The Manila Resource Centre (MRC) based in Makati City, Metro Manila forms part of ITG’s strategic goal to offer first class IT support and development to the Macquarie group of businesses and since it’s inception in October 2007, the MRC has played a key role in the provision of ITG services to end users within the organization.
Security Administration Analyst – Mainframe – Manila Resource Centre
The Infrastructure Technology Services (ITS) team is seeking to recruit technology engineers to join a dynamic team which maintains and administers mission-critical leading-edge infrastructure for the global Macquarie Group of companies.
In this role you will be responsible for providing security administration for our mainframe class computing environment.
• Taking action on requests from the business for network and systems access
• Administering these requests through the central and native security administration tools
• Providing security solutions to technical requests and problems
• Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness and relevance of security controls on systems
• Partnering with Systems Programmers through software currency projects
• Partnering with application developers through application changes
• Delivering security related projects on time, within budget and according to the Bank’s standards
• Maintain controls that allow for a flexible environment which is at the same time highly secure
• Ensuring adherence to the ‘User Access Management’ Policy
• Carrying out reporting on non-compliance to the Policy
• Reporting for System Access Reviews as per documented policy
• Advising and educating the business on security standards and policies
• Participating in ongoing security reviews and audits and auctioning associated items
The following characteristics are considered essential:
• An ability to undertake shifted work patterns to cover a 24×7 environment
• A strong, dynamic character, capable of dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment
• Prepared to participate hands-on in the moves, adds and changes of infrastructure hardware and operating systems
• Ability to work as part of a regional team across multiple countries, cultures and time-zones
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
• Customer-focused with a “service first” mentality and best-in-class communication skills
• Ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement
Minimum required experience:
• University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
• 5 years + experience working in an IT related Service Industry
• Excellent technical and applied knowledge of RACF administration in a highly secure zOS environment
• Experience in general RACF administration including CICS, USS, WebSphere and SSL keys
• Experience with software upgrades, in particular zOS, CICS, DB2 and WebSphere
• Strong project management and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of a user starters/transfers/leavers processes
• Understanding of security principles and general requirements in a corporate environment
• Understanding of role-based security administration.
Experience in the following areas would be considered advantageous:
• Previous experience working in a financial institution
• Remedy trouble-ticketing system
• Writing and implementing security standards and policies
• Knowledge of the ITIL Framework
Interested applicants may apply online. Please visit the Macquarie website and submit your cover letter and resume to job number 530268 at: