Macquarie Offshore Services Pty. Ltd.
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Macquarie’s main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Macquarie acts on behalf of institutional, corporate, and retail clients and counterparties around the world.
As an owner and manager of significant community assets, Macquarie works closely with governments around the world to deliver important services including transport, roads, airports and utilities. Specialist funds, which manage these assets, contribute approximately 11 per cent of Macquarie’s total operating income.
Macquarie’s approach to risk management is long-standing. Strong risk management practices are embedded in business unit management with central oversight of credit, market, funding, compliance and operational risk. These, together with committed, quality staff are key drivers of Macquarie’s success.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 60 office locations in 27 countries. Assets under management have a total more than $A235 billion. Macquarie has been active in Asia for more than a decade, establishing our first office in Hong Kong in 1994. Today, we have people in 16 cities in 11 markets across the region.
Macquarie’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is responsible for the management of Macquarie’s global technology infrastructure, the support and development of existing business systems, and the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services. Each of Macquarie’s business Groups have a dedicated IT team partnering with them to understand the Group’s specific technology needs and to provide innovative and effective IT solutions.
The Manila Resource Centre (MRC) based in Makati City, Metro Manila forms part of ITG’s strategic goal to offer first class IT support and development to the Macquarie group of businesses and since it’s inception in October 2007, the MRC has played a key role in the provision of ITG services to end users within the organization.
Application Support Analyst – Manila
Macquarie’s Information Technology Group (ITG) in Manila is looking to recruit an Application Support Analyst to support and maintain Macquarie’s global applications.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Providing operational support for a range of critical applications used by MGL staff and MGL business clients
• Resolving incidents quickly and effectively
• Assisting with root cause analysis of incidents
• Performing user and data administration for the applications
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• IT degree or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with ITIL work practices
• Well developed diagnostic and analytic skills with proven problem solving experience
• Understanding of a broad set of technologies and environments
• Established skills in application support and server administration on Windows and Solaris platforms
• The ability to think clearly and calmly under pressure
• Commitment to open and professional communication
• Strong understanding of risk management frameworks and their application
• Experience in dealing with external software vendors
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to communicate across different levels within the organization
• Proven ability to work across cultures with a geographically dispersed user community
• The ability to adapt to new circumstances and thrive in a constantly changing environment
Minimum required experience:
• At least 5 years of recent experience supporting corporate applications, ideally in a global financial company
• Exposure to one or more of the following:
o application support duties in a financial institution environment
o security administration experience with a platform such as Active Directory, Sybase ASE (or MS SQL/Oracle), Sun Directory, NIS or RACF Mainframe
o a request workflow management tool such as NewScale’s RequestCenter
o an incident and request management tool such as BMC’s Remedy
o a process workflow tool such as BMC’s RunBook or Atrium Orchestrator
o an identity management tool such as BMC’s Control SA
o an authentication service such as Secure Computing’s Safeword
o alert management tool like BMC Event Manager and Alarmpoint
• Demonstrable skill in script development in one or more of the following:
o Windows cmd batch files
Interested applicants may apply online. Please visit the Macquarie website and submit your cover letter and resume to job number 547213 at: