Macquarie Offshore Services Pty. Ltd.
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Macquarie’s main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Macquarie acts on behalf of institutional, corporate, and retail clients and counterparties around the world.
As an owner and manager of significant community assets, Macquarie works closely with governments around the world to deliver important services including transport, roads, airports and utilities. Specialist funds, which manage these assets, contribute approximately 11 per cent of Macquarie’s total operating income.
Macquarie’s approach to risk management is long-standing. Strong risk management practices are embedded in business unit management with central oversight of credit, market, funding, compliance and operational risk. These, together with committed, quality staff are key drivers of Macquarie’s success.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 60 office locations in 27 countries. Assets under management have a total more than $A235 billion. Macquarie has been active in Asia for more than a decade, establishing our first office in Hong Kong in 1994. Today, we have people in 16 cities in 11 markets across the region.
Macquarie’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is responsible for the management of Macquarie’s global technology infrastructure, the support and development of existing business systems, and the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services. Each of Macquarie’s business Groups have a dedicated IT team partnering with them to understand the Group’s specific technology needs and to provide innovative and effective IT solutions.
The Manila Resource Centre (MRC) based in Makati City, Metro Manila forms part of ITG’s strategic goal to offer first class IT support and development to the Macquarie group of businesses and since it’s inception in October 2007, the MRC has played a key role in the provision of ITG services to end users within the organization.
Security Administrator – ITS Manila
Macquarie is currently seeking a Security Administrator to join the Global Security Operations team who are responsible for management of the day to day operational activities relating to access rights to the network and applications. It liaises with Technology Risk Management Group and the Risk Management Division on policy and standards and with ITG infrastructure and application teams on technical security issues.
The Security Operations team is seeking to recruit a Security Administrator to take on a newly created role in Asia, responsible for sharing the function with the remainder of the global team serving the Macquarie Group of companies.
You will typically be responsible for:
• Taking action on requests from ITG and the business units for network and systems access;
• Administering these requests through the central security administration tool, ControlSA, Active Directory, as well as native tools where applicable;
• Ensuring adherence to the ‘User Access Management’ Policy;
• Carrying out reporting on non-compliance to the Policy;
• Administer processes around implementation of generic accounts;
• Ensuring adherence to the ‘Chinese Walls’ Policy;
• Reporting for System Access Reviews as per documented policy;
• Advising and educating the business on security standards and policies;
• Reviewing and improving Security Administration processes;
• Identifying and managing Security exposures in the business and ensuring either compliance or dispensation;
• Participating in ongoing security reviews and audits and auctioning associated items.
Applicants should have experience in a similar role, having gained such experience in another similar banking environment.
The following characteristics would be considered essential:
• Be a strong, dynamic character, capable dealing effectively with colleagues and business users;
• Ability to work as part of a regional team across multiple countries, cultures and time-zones;
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve platform incidents and problems in a structured way;
• Be able to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity;
• Able to offer consultancy to other teams within the region on security related issues and requests;
• Customer-focused with a “service first” mentality and best-in-class communication skills;
• Being able to view currently processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement;
• Ability to see potential failures in advance and react proactively.
Demonstrable experience in the following areas is essential:
• A user starters/transfers/leavers process;
• Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and the security administration surrounding it
• Understanding of security principles and general requirements in a corporate environment;
• Understanding of role-based security administration.
Experience in the following areas would be considered advantageous:
• Exposure to multiple security environments;
• ControlSA security administration tool;
• Technical understanding of Sun Solaris or another variant of UNIX, Sybase and MSSQL databases
• Writing and implementing security standards and policies
Interested applicants may apply online. Please visit the Macquarie website and submit your cover letter and resume to job number 404588 at: