Macquarie Offshore Services Pty. Ltd.
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Macquarie’s main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Macquarie acts on behalf of institutional, corporate, and retail clients and counterparties around the world.
As an owner and manager of significant community assets, Macquarie works closely with governments around the world to deliver important services including transport, roads, airports and utilities. Specialist funds, which manage these assets, contribute approximately 11 per cent of Macquarie’s total operating income.
Macquarie’s approach to risk management is long-standing. Strong risk management practices are embedded in business unit management with central oversight of credit, market, funding, compliance and operational risk. These, together with committed, quality staff are key drivers of Macquarie’s success.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in more than 60 office locations in 27 countries. Assets under management have a total more than $A235 billion. Macquarie has been active in Asia for more than a decade, establishing our first office in Hong Kong in 1994. Today, we have people in 16 cities in 11 markets across the region.
Macquarie’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is responsible for the management of Macquarie’s global technology infrastructure, the support and development of existing business systems, and the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services. Each of Macquarie’s business Groups have a dedicated IT team partnering with them to understand the Group’s specific technology needs and to provide innovative and effective IT solutions.
The Manila Resource Centre (MRC) based in Makati City, Metro Manila forms part of ITG’s strategic goal to offer first class IT support and development to the Macquarie group of businesses and since it’s inception in October 2007, the MRC has played a key role in the provision of ITG services to end users within the organization.
Senior Test Analyst – Macquarie Securities Group – Manila
We are currently seeking a senior test analyst to join the team supporting the Macquarie Securities Research business. Role responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining the integrity of the teams core offering and ensuring delivery of software of the highest standards in a timely manner
• Working with the development team and business, analyzing test requirements, creating and documenting test cases in a structured and reusable format and designing effective test processes
• Executing component testing, system testing, integration testing, regression testing performance testing, end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing in accordance with agreed test cases and test plans
• Defect tracking – recording and follow-up to resolution
• Assisting in standardization of testing processes and methodologies including making suggestions on improvements to test practices and efforts
• Exploring automation opportunities
• Providing support to the teams software release process by reporting on the scripts execution status
To succeed in this role you will have the following:
• University qualifications in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 5 to 6 years of experience in applications built on Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
• Understanding of SDLC process and experience in Testing Life Cycle
• Real world experience in working within a project team
• Analytical abilities and demonstration of initiatives
• Problem solving abilities
• Strong time management skills
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Willingness to travel overseas for training if required
The following would be considered advantageous:
• Previous experience with SQL/Sybase database
• Previous experience with Lotus Notes
• Experience with business analysis
• Experience with JIRA
• Previous experience within the financial services industry
• Strong sense of ownership with a passion for testing and delivering quality software
• Previous experience playing key roles in improving current testing processes
Interested applicants may apply online. Please visit the Macquarie website and submit your cover letter and resume to job number 534536 at: